1. The ____ of the room were covered with ____.
A. roofs, leafs
B. roofs, leaves
C. rooves, leafs
D. rooves, leaves
2. There are three ____ in our factory.
A. woman doctors
B. women doctors
C. woman doctor
D. women doctor
3. Which do you prefer ____ or ____?
A. potatos, tomatos
B. potatos, tomatoes
C. potatoes, tomatos
D. potatoes, tomatoes
4. They are ____ of different presses. Now they are having a meeting in one of the ____ office.
A. editor-in-chiefs, editors-in-chief’s
B. editors-in-chief, editor-in-chief’s
C. editors-in-chiefs, editor’s-in-chief’s
D. editors-in-chief, editors-in-chief’s
5. The ant has two ____.
6. He doesn’t like ____ for supper.
7. It was ____ hot weather that many of us went swimming.
C. so as
D. such a
8. ____ wonderful space they saw on the room!
B. How a
D. What a
9. We know ____ travels not so fast as light.
C. the sounds
D. a sound
10. My family raise a lot of ____, including two ____.
A. cattle, cows
B. cows, cattle
C. cattles, cows
D. cow, cattles
11. A number of soldiers ____ at he camp gate.
A. have gathered
B. has gathered
12. The Browns have spent a large ____ of money on their new car.
13. ____ work has been done to improve the people’s living standard.
B. A great many
C. A great deal of
D. A number of
14. Mr Li shook ____ warmly with a friend.
B. a hand
D. the hands