1. What will the man probably do?
A. Attend a meeting.
B. Give Craig a call.
C. Wait in the office.
2. What is the probable relationship between the speakers?
3. What is David doing this year?
A. Traveling around the world.
B. Teaching Chinese at school.
C. Learning a foreign language.
4. How does the man want to travel?
A. By car.B. By train.C. By plane.
5. What is the woman going to do tomorrow evening?
A. Visit Bob at his home.
B. Go shopping with Bob.
C. Expect a call from Bob.
6. Where does the conversation take place?
A. On the train.
B. At the ticket office.
C. At the information desk.
7. What time is the train going to arrive in Sydney?
A. At 2:00.B. At 9:28.C. At 11:34.
8. Where are the speakers?
A. In Manchester.B. In Milan.C. In Florence.
9. What is Martha doing?
A. Having a holiday.B. Entertaining a friend.C. Traveling on business.
10. What does Roger do?
A. He’s a train driver.B. He’s a shop manager.C. He’s a hotel receptionist.
11. Who are the speakers?
A. A doctor and a patient.B. A teacher and a student.C. A salesman and a customer.
12. What is probably the cause of the man’s problems?
A. He often overeats.B. He works too hard.C. He smokes heavily.
13. What does the woman ask the man to do?
A. Stop working and go on a vacation.
B. Give up smoking as soon as possible.
C. Change his diet and get some exercise.
14. Why does Kevin say life on Frenchboro is different?
A. It’s very simple.B. It’s quite exciting.C. It’s rather hopeless.
15. What is the school on Frenchboro like?
A. It has no teachers.
B. It has small classes.
C. It has fifty students.
16. What will the people on Frenchboro do when they need medical care?
A. They go to the mainland.
B. They visit the local hospital.
C. They ask the visitors for help.
17. To whom is the speaker talking?
A. New employees.B. Foreign tourists.C. International students.
18. What are girls advised to do in a café?
A. Take care of their bags.B. Don’t talk to strangers.C. Leave the place quickly.
19. What is the best place to park a car?
A. Beside a house.B. On a quiet road.C. In a public car park.
20. What should one do when walking home alone at night?
A. Stop a police car for help.
B. Walk in well-lighted areas.
C. Take a knife for self-defense.